Scribes is a simple and sleek text editor for the the GNOME desktop. It focuses
on keeping the working environment free from distractions, and providing strong
automation of mundane, repetitive tasks.
Through this simplicity, Scribes is very powerful. Its many features include:
* A dynamic templating system (called Snippets),
* Automatic completion of indentifiers and bracketing,
* Automatic indentation and file saving,
* Drag-and-drop functionality,
* Full support for Unicode (UTF-8) text (and many other encodings),
* Syntax highlighting for over 30 programming languages,
* Powerful GNOME integration
* Translations into several different languages,
...and more are in development!
In order to make use of its runtime documentation facilities, you will need to
install Yelp. Also, you may install the python-psyco package (x86-only) for a
boost in startup speed.